Hopefully your life is returning to normal after the holiday madness that was 2011. With any luck the Christmas tree is out on the curb, the Menorah is tucked away for next year and the Kinara is rounding the corner on another successful Kwanzaa.
Let’s be honest: the last thing you need is a metaphor for a business strategy after what was probably a stressful and confusing couple of weeks. This week, we’re keeping it short and sweet, so here are the top 6 financial solutions to your business problems.
6. Keep your personal and business account separate: your money belongs to you, your business’ money belongs to it.
5. Create a reliable filing system that you will understand and stick to.
4. Purchase and implement a small-business accounting program to track your finances. (If you’re not sure why this is important, see ATS from December 9th)
3. Review and settle up your bank statements: if you overspent this holiday season, pay the piper ASAP and save yourself costly interest.
2. Back up. Back up everything. Back up on an external hard drive, cds, USBs, on the cloud. When you think you’re finished backing everything up, back up some more.
1. Consult your accountant! If you are unsure about yours or you don’t have one, Sandoez Accounting can help you manage your business.
Contact us for your free consultation.
After the Spreadsheet is a collaborative project created in part by Descriptor Communications Inc. For more information visit www.descriptor.ca